Today, i have decied to come up with this great article: how to register a domain name with domainking through a step by step guide in this tutorial below.
1. Visit domainking website here
2. Click on “login”(if you are already a member) or Click on “New Users Register here(if you do not account there already), Fill the form and verify the registration via your email.
3. Now go to the domain registration page here
In the Search Here box enter your Domain Name that you want to register(without www) and also select your preferred Domain Extension or TLD (like .com, .net, .com.ng etc.) and then click on “Search” button.
4. Now you will be redirected to domain availability result page. It will show you if the domain name that you want to register is available or not.
If your Domain Name is available, then you will see a message like Congratulations, yourdomain.com is available!. Then click on “Click to Continue”.
5. You will be redirected to the domain configuration page
Tick the 3 add ons but do not touch the Nameservers. Then Click “Continue to final checkout page”
6. Review your order and after that enter all your details under “Your Details” Section. If you are already an existing customer then you can select “Existing Customer” tab and sign in.
7. Select your preferred payment method with which you want to pay and tick “I have read and agree to the Terms of Service”. Then click on “Complete Order” button.
8. Now an invoice has been created for your order. You can select a different payment method if you want to change it and click on “Pay Now” button.
If you have selected an Online payment method like Voguepay, Cashenvoy or 2Checkout etc. then you will be redirected to their payment gateway page. There you can make the payment with your preferred debit/credit card.
Once you pay the invoice your order will be activated automatically if you pay via Online payment method that is via VISA Card, Master Card, Verve Card etc.
But in case of offline payment method i.e Bank deposit or Online Bank Transfer it can take upto 24 hours for it to be credited.
If payment is successful, Once back to your domainking account, click “MY DOMAINS”.
If the background of the domain name you registered is light green, it means it has been activated. If not yet active, wait till you receive activation notification from domainking in your mail.
After activation, you can then use the DNS console to configure your domain for whatever you want to use it for.
I hope you benefit from this little tutorial? Drop your comments and share with friends.
Photo Credits: DKN/OgbongeBlog